The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everything we knew about our ‘normal’ lives. The global economy is still reeling under the consequences of unexpected lockdowns. If you are someone looking for a job during these turbulent times, you need to change your approach and work in a way that your career grows within the new realities. In this post, we are sharing more on how to look for jobs like a pro during this pandemic.
- Sign up with a recruitment agency. Despite a slump in hiring process, companies are still hiring, and instead of screening prospects internally, businesses are relying on recruitment agencies. Signing up with one of these agencies can be handy for your job search process. For instance, you can check for Hunt healthcare worker jobs – an agency that’s offering staffing solutions for clients across medical sectors.
- Focus on the right sectors. Some sectors have actually boomed during the pandemic. For instance, there is a need for more delivery executives, drivers, and healthcare workers. For selected sectors, the government is offering additional incentives too. Essential services and sectors will always be in demand. If you cannot find a job elsewhere, pick one that pays your bills for now.
- Go online. From submitting applications to sending interview letters, recruitment agencies are doing everything online these. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, things are happening online more than ever. Ensure that you are looking for jobs and new postings online. You may have to interview online, so having a complete setup at home always comes in handy.
- Acquire new skills. The pandemic is a good to upgrade your skills and learn something new. Make sure that you are looking for new ways to advance your career, even if that means learning something that is totally different from the degree you have now.
- Be patient. The hiring process has been slow in many sectors, so while it may seem that there are no jobs, companies are hiring. Make sure that you don’t stop looking for options.
Choosing the right recruitment agency for your job search is critical. Look for agencies that have a good name in the industry in your city and country. Also, do check the agency’s website to find more on which industries they are hiring for. Contact their team directly to know if your resume is up to the mark, and if needed, take help to upgrade the resume.